DEPARTMENT NAME : COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL SERVICES
EXECUTIVE MANAGER : MS PATEKA QWABE
QUALIFICATIONS : B Admin Hons and Post Grad Diploma Business Management
CONTACT DETAILS : 039 797 6658
PA TO Ms QWABE : Kholeka Mevana
Contact Details : (+27(0) 39 797 6607
Email address :
UNIT MANAGER : Mr S Mtshengu
CONTACTS : 039 797 6652
There are two libraries (Bhongweni &Town Libraries), the service is co-funded /subsidised by the department of Art & Culture. Provincial library standards are used as guide to render library services function
SPORT & CULTURE
The Municipality supports sporting codes by availing facilities and also enabling sporting activities by organising tournaments that promote sport development( Mayoral cup and SALGA games).
Cultural events are supported by the municipality
The Municipality also provides facilities like Sport fields.
The municipality is performing waste management function and collects waste from 15500 businesses and households in 8 wards
The municipality is responsible cemetery management function (town cemetery is the only one utilised for burial at the moment)
The municipality is rendering service in collaboration with SPCA on contractual basis
Pound /buildings has been improved by the municipality
Keeping of animals and Pound bylaws is used as guide to render the service
PARKS, PUBLIC AMMENITIES AND HORTICULTURE
There are five parks maintained by the municipality & eight community halls.
The municipality is also responsible for beautifying and maintenance of public open spaces
The following services are offered.
Driving Licence Testing Centre (Grade A)
· Learners Licence Applications
· Driving Licence Applications
· Renewal and Conversions of Driving Licences
· Professional Driving Permit Applications
· Applications for Traffic Register Number Certificates.
Vehicle Testing Station (Grade A)
· Certification for road-worthiness for all classes of vehicles.
· Traffic Law Enforcement
· By-Law Enforcement
· Crime Prevention Initiatives
· Awareness Campaigns
· Attending to motor vehicle accidents
Traffic Fines Management
- Administration of traffic fines
- Responding to representations
- Fire prevention activities
- Fire Suppression activities
- Disaster Management functions
- Extrication and rescue services at accident scenes
- This department is operational on a 24 hour basis.
Our operation times for the DLTC and VTS are from 07H30 to 16H00.
For Motor Transport Services we close at 14H00 for cashing up purposes.
Our eye testing closes at 12H00 on a daily basis.
Applications for vehicle tests close at 13H00.
We deal with driving licence card inquiries between 15H00 & 16H00.
- Motor Transport : 039 797 6633
- Drivers Licences :039 797 6634
- Traffic Fine Management : 039 797 6713/6721
- Superintendent Law Enforcement : 039 797 6724
- Senior Superintendent : 039 797 6655