Vision of the Municipality:
“Together building a caring and economically vibrant city with citizens’ living in a secure healthy and comfortable Environment”
The formulation of Greater Kokstad Municipal Vision is based on the objective of the Local Government as enshrined on the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, Act 108 of 1986: Section 152 which prescribes the following as the principal mandates of the Local Government.
- To promote democratic and local government ;
- To ensure the provision of services to communities in an sustainable manner;
- To promote social and economic development;T
- To promote a safe and healthy environment; and,
- To encourage the involvement of communities and community organizations in the matter of local government;
" Providing sustainable services to communities through optimal and professional deployment of resources and enhancing economic development, safe and healthy environment"
- Caring: Showing compassion whilst delivering services to its citizens
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for decisions and actions taken.
- Transparency and honesty: openness and public involvement in municipal affairs.
- Integrity: professionalism, a commitment to ethics, and focus on justice and fairness and accountability.
- Efficiency: results orientation, cost effectiveness, superior performance, customer satisfaction.
- Professionalism: executing the mandate with diligence.
- Fairness: threat all those who do work with the municipality equally.
- Dignity: respect for everybody.
- Respect: treating all clients and partners with respect.