Community & Social Services
EXECUTIVE MANAGER : PATEKA QWABE
QUALIFICATIONS : B ADMIN(HONOURS), POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT.
Office: 039 797 6658
PA TO MS P QWABE
Contact Details: (Office: 039 797 6607)
DEPARTMENTAL INFORMATION, FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENTS AND ITS RESPONSIBILITIES, SUB-SECTION UNITS AND THEIR RESPOSIBILITIES
DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW: “Ensure secure, safe & clean environment for Greater Kokstad Municipality area of jurisdiction populace”
- Waste management & environment: responsible for waste removal, street sweeping and environmental services.
- Parks & public amenities: responsible for management of public parks, sports fields, and public toilets.
- Pound management: provision of municipal pound services (outsourced to SPCA)
- Cemeteries: responsible for cemetery management.
- Library services: provision of library services in collaboration with KZN Department or Arts and Culture.
- Sports, Arts & Culture: promotion of community sport, arts and culture services.
- Traffic management: provision of drivers and leaners license test, vehicle test and traffic management services.
- Security management: provision of security services(outsourced)
- Disaster management, fire & rescue services: provision of disaster management (KPA1. integrated institutional capacity, KPA2: Disaster risk assessment, KPA 3: Disaster risk reduction, KPA 4: Integrated response and recovery ), provision emergency services( fire suppression , rescue and extrication services)
- Operation Sukuma Sakhwe (OSS): Co-ordination of operation sukuma sakhe as service delivery intervention within the municipal area of jurisdiction.
1. COMMUNITY SOCIAL SERVICES AND HEAD OF DISASTER
Responsible Manager : Mr S. MTSHENGU (Office: 039 797 6652 Mobile: 0736823782)
2. CHIEF TRAFFIC OFFICER
Responsible Manager : Mr S NENE (Office: 039 797 6655 Mobile: 0842953801)
3. WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ENVIROMENTAL SERVICES
Responsible Manager : Mr F NYEMBEZI (Office: 039 797 6688 Mobile: 0827932842)