Information & Communication Technology
The realisation of ICT as a strategic partner has resulted in the need for resources to be channelled to it. The Assistant Manager: ICT is in charge of this division. The division does the following:
- Installs, repairs and maintains ICT infrastructure including the server and the infrastructure pertaining to network connectivity;
- Ensures the development of ICT governance which connects ICT to the strategic intent of the Municipality and provides a framework of how ICT connects to other systems within the Municipality;
- Provides a helpdesk where ICT issues are attended to and resolved;
- Ensures that employees have the necessary ICT equipment to perform their functions;
- Ensures protection of Council data through the development of policies and installation of infrastructure; and
- Ensures uptime of network connection thus ensuring communication with internal and external stakeholders.